Ground package rates quoted in USD and are inclusive of VAT, catering levy and service charge.
Conservancy fees for Mara North are NOT included.
|Per adult sharing||Single tent||3rd bed adult||CHILD RATE: Child sharing with 2 adults/Per child if 2 children share with an adult||CHILD RATE: Child in own tent/ child sharing with an adult|
01/04/21 – 30/06/21
03/01/21 – 31/03/21 &
01/11/21 – 22/12/21
01/07/21 – 31/10/21 &
23/12/21 – 02/01/22
- Above rates DO NOT include conservancy fees for Mara North. USD 116 per adult per night & USD 58 per child per night to apply. Please note that conservancy fees will be invoiced with the actual booking and therefore Karen Blixen Camp shall not accept payment for the same directly at the camp.
- 5% off above ground package rates for stay from 4th night onwards
- Infant below two years stays free of charge. Child is between 2 years to below 12 years
- Tour leader/guide will be charged USD 105 per person per night exclusive of conservancy fees of USD 116 per night for Non-residents and Kshs 1,500 for residents.
Besides game drives and enjoyment of Karen Blixen Camp’s hospitality, our guests can also take pleasure in the following activities or services provided at Karen Blixen Camp. Please note that these activities or services are subject to availability and favorable weather conditions. The rates below are commissionable at 10% with the exception of Masai Manyatta visit, game drives and transfers.
|Activity/ Service||Price per person||Remarks|
|Maasai Manyatta Visit (max 8 pax)||30||Approx. 1 hour|
|Nature walk (max 8 pax)||10||Approx. 1 hour walk|
|Game walk (max 6 pax)||35||Approx. 2 – 4 hours walk with guide and ranger|
|Eco walk (max 10 pax)||Free||Approx 45 min -1 hour walk through the camp|
|Maasai beadwork for ladies (max 10 pax)||30||Approx. 1 – 4 hours with female guide and members of a local group|
|Hot air balloon safari & champagne breakfast (adult)||480||Leave camp at 0500hrs and arrive back at approx. 1100hrs|
|Hot air balloon safari & breakfast (child)||228||Leave camp at 0500hrs and arrive back at approx. 1100hrs|
|Bush breakfast (min 2 pax)||40|
|Bush lunch (min 2 pax)||45|
|Bush dinner (min 2 pax)||50|
|Sundowners ( min 2 pax)||30||Unlimited local drinks and snacks|
|Extra lunch at camp||25|
|Extra game drive (min 2 pax)||55|
|Wellness treatments||Available on request|
|Transfers outside Mara North Conservancy within Mara||Available on request|
|Exclusive use of vehicle within Mara North Conservancy||350||Per vehicle|
|Exclusive use of vehicle within Masai Mara Reserve||500||Per vehicle|
|Border transfers||600||Per vehicle one way|
Terms and Conditions
- Upon confirmation of a booking 50% deposit must be paid to secure the booking within 7 days. At least 60 days prior to arrival the remaining payment must be
cleared. In the event that full payment is not received within the specified time, Karen Blixen Camp may at its discretion terminate this agreement forthwith and
thereafter shall have no obligation to provide service(s) to the clients.
- One can only book a maximum of 5 single rooms at single room rate. The rest will be charged at double room rate.
- Block bookings confirmed and a deposit of 50% not paid within 14 days will automatically be released. The final payment should be cleared at least 60 days prior
to clients’ arrival at camp. Management reserves the right to accept block bookings.
- Group policy: For every 15 full paying clients, the 16th person sharing in a twin stays on complimentary basis. Please note however, that we will invoice the client
for conservancy fees which is payable per night.
- Tour leaders or guides are charged as indicated on our rates and they will be accommodated in guide accommodation but may be offered guest tents at the
discretion of Karen Blixen Camp if such tents are available.
- Cancellations will only be honored if made in writing and an acknowledgement received from our Reservations office.
- Cancellation conditions for all services: Bookings cancelled or reduced in number between the following days from noon of the accommodation or flight date are
charged as indicated:
- 59 – 45 days 25%
- 44 – 31 days 50%
- 30 – arrival 100%
We will endeavor to maintain these rates and advise clients as soon as possible of any increases. However, due to currency fluctuations and increases
in costs and taxes beyond our control we reserve the right to increase rates without notice. All rates are subject to change. Any booking where a
deposit has been agreed and paid will not be subject to such an increase in rates. All vouchers issued and bookings made by you shall be subject
to the terms and conditions contained in this document (or amendments that we may communicate to you in writing) unless otherwise agreed in writing
in advance by BOTH parties.
We regret that we cannot accept personal cheques unless they have cleared through our accounts system before arrival of the clients. We are pleased to accept the
following cards at the camp: Visa, Master and American Express.
I&M Bank Ltd – Wilson Airport Branch
P.O Box 30238 – 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
SWIFT: IMBLKENA – Bank code 57
USD account: 011 0044 6941 211
KSH account: 011 0044 6941 210
Karen Blixen Camp
Receive Special Offers & Promotions