Karen Blixen Camp in Masai Mara has been awarded Gold Eco Rating certification by Eco Tourism Kenya. Eco Tourism is an Organisation that provides relevant and practical guidance for attaining sustainable solutions to issues of concern for the environment & the welfare of the communities.
This is the highest and most prestigious rating one can ever achieve due to measurable eco-tourism practices in the areas of sustainable utilization of environment, energy savings, community benefits and conservation.
This award is an acknowledgement of the consistent effort put in by our team and also justifies why we love doing what we do.
We are an eco-friendly camp and we treat our guest to an exclusive safari experience while taking every possible precaution to protect the natural wildlife area, alleviate poverty through proper working conditions and contribute positively to the local community.
We observe the following code of conduct;
- Protect the Mara North Conservancies with 32000 acres pristine wilderness area
- Make use of the latest green technologies and minimize our impact on the environment
- Promote environmental responsibility and find sustainable solutions on energy consumption
- Fund raise for the betterment of the local Masai community
- Promote tertiary education for the Masai youth, young men and women alike
- Promote literacy and make available computers and internet technologies
- Ensure full and decent employment for all staff
- Assure proper working conditions and respect workers’ right to join an association
- Promote gender equality & equity among staff employed
- Promote HIV/ AIDS awareness for all staff employed
Karen Blixen Camp
Receive Special Offers & Promotions